Brandon Friendship Centre Inc.
- A Certified Learning and Literacy Centre, this program provides educational support to people in the Brandon area. Many people use this program to upgrade their skills before moving on to the Adult Collegiate or a post secondary institution.
- There is no cost or fee to enter the program, and all school supplies and learning materials are provided.
- The school stays open through the summer months and is open Monday to Thursday from 9am to 3:30pm and Friday from 9-12pm.
- Instruction is mainly one-to-one and work at your own rate (students work on modules and assignments in the subject areas they want to improve).
- Each student has a personalized education plan based on personal needs and goals.
Who can Apply
The program is open to any adult, who wishes to upgrade his or her skills in a number of different areas such as: reading, writing, math or computers
How to Enroll
- Contact the program and set an interview and placement test time.
- Write the Canadian Adult Achievement test (CAAT). the CAAT is to assess your skills.
- Sit down with the Literacy Instructor to discuss your educational goals.
- Develop a personalized education plan based on your own learning goals.
The program is staffed by a literacy instructor who is trained through Adult Learning and Literacy.
A second teacher acts as an Upgrading Tutor to assist students with math, English and other class work.
Students are also assisted by volunteer tutors.